You are invited to participate in this pilot online workshop at no charge. Attendance is limited to 10 people.
TIME : 9:00 – 11:00 AM
ACCESS: Zoom is the technology that we will be using for this pilot workshop. Details about access will be sent to you closer to the date of the meeting.
WORKSHOP OBJECTIVES: Learn and practice skills for listening, for being assertive, and for engaging your staff in difficult conversations:
- Know 3 types of listening, and their respective benefit or detraction from effective conversation
- Learn the 2 key words that detract from effective conversation
- Learn questions and tips that open up and enhance conversations
- Practice writing and delivering your ‘opening statement’ in a difficult conversation
- Understand the importance of stating consequences for inappropriate behaviour
- Learn tips to increase your resourcefulness to be assertive and calm under pressure